Sunday, April 13, 2008

oh, oh, oh, oh, oh....the right stuff?


The boy band industry has hit an all time low. I know, I know, for some of you the mere existence of a boy band is considered an all time low, but for those who love them (such as myself), we are usually pretty forgiving. However…

The New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) are reuniting? What the? Are you serious? Aren't these boys like 40-year-old men? Jordan Nathaniel Marcel Knight, lead singer/Taurus, was born in like 1970…in MA. (He was my favorite, ok?) I remember plastering my wall from floor to ceiling with their posters, crying because my little heart was bursting with love as Jordan's shirt blew in the breeze at my first concert. I remember getting into a year-long fight with my cousin, defending their good name. And yes, even screaming and reaching out for Joey as he played a role in Wicked (ok, that wasn't too long ago). What I'm saying is, although "I'll Be Loving [Them] Forever", you've got to know when enough is enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLhSHktuZGw

(But I really will be loving them forever….)

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Funny post. I still have my NKOTB tape that I got for Christmas (along with my Mili Vanilli tape.) I haven't listened to it for many years- probably like 20. However, I still listen to Mili Vanilli and quite enjoy it! I still remember the day I found out they were fakes- talk about heart-breaking disbelief on the swings at recess!

Aubri said...

I remember your room being covered with posters of them and you'd listen to them with Laura Crandall. I only ever liked them to be cool with you guys...

Dottie Stay said...

Hey I am all for a boy band here or there, but New Kids, just let the dream die guys! You are right, enough is enough. I hear you Rach, the whole Mili Vanili thing was just devasting!

Laura said...

Oh Malia! The fun times we had fantasizing about New Kids! Some of my most favorite memories of my childhood take place in you house doing oh so many strange and funny things!! I am so sad that I missed Kathleen's wedding! : ( Please give her my love and congratulations!

Hillary said...

Why do they sing so high? I was a fan. I admit it. I can't remember if I (heart)ed Donnie or hated him. I do know, however, that I had/have a crush on his younger brother Marky Mark.

Maria said...

You are a true fan. I'd actually love to see the reunite and see what they come up with :)

Susieq said...

I'm going to have to find my picture of you with your bedroom walls plastered with their posters and send it to you. I thought of you when I heard they were reuniting.

Heather said...

Chris saw laughing his head off over your blog. When he came to this particular post he was like I remember how much she loved these guys. She would actually cry when you teased her about it. Then he read the part about "fighting with your cousin". And I could see he was wondering if it was him. Now I am curious were you referring to him? Ha,ha.