Monday, June 8, 2009

free agency vs. the nba playoffs


So my mom is a huge basketball fan. Whenever there is a game on, you can be sure that she is watching...especially if it is the Utah Jazz. Playoff games, however, also draw her attention.


Last night I was chatting with her and of course, the Lakers vs. Orlando Magic game was on. It was the 2nd game of the Series. The Lakers were up by a small margin and then my mom said one of the funniest things ever in reference to the Lakers and making them mess up (We HATE the Lakers):


"I know that we fought over free agency, but sometimes I wish we could make people do things."


Translation: Yes, we fought over free agency in Heaven, but if she could she would probably "force" (in a voodoo sort of way) the Lakers to mess up badly enough that they would lose.


I thought it was hilarious and loved that she would even say that.


I love you, Mom! Thanks for always making me laugh!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I didn't know your Mom was a such a basketball fan! I never would have guessed.

Bev said...

I love your mom, i can totally picture her saying that!

Laura said...

Your Mom is the best! I miss you both! Hope you are all doing well! :)

Christie Norris said...

That's great! I bet your mom had a guilty smile on her face when she said it. :)

Dottie Stay said...

Deron and I agree with you and your mom 100% She is a total genius!

Carr Family said...

That is so funny! What a great mom you have!!