Thursday, November 13, 2008

solution to every woman's problem


So I was checking my email the other day and there it was…in all its glory…the purported solution to every woman’s problem! Apparently Sephora (a cosmetics store/chain) had figured out a universal method to solve this age-old mystery. What is it, you ask?

Gifts, of course!

Sephora along with every other retail store in the world would like you to believe that our problems can be solved by a little swipe of a card or a little flash of the cash. And the sad part is that some of us believe it. While I understand the cleverness behind the sell and that gadgets and gizmos do bring a certain amount of pleasure, it doesn’t solve problems and it doesn’t bring lasting happiness.

Now I’m not here to point fingers or to place blame. In fact ever since I saw this little email I have had a hankering to visit Sephora at Union Square (a quick lunch time walk). I simply thought the subject heading to this morning email was humorous. We have now entered the season of materialism folks. Prepare yourself and don’t get sucked in.

2 comments:

Livi said...

OK am in love with your blog. Aww Sephora love you but don't try to get us down

Valerie said...

Hi, Malia. This is Jon Andes' sister. I just thought I'd check out your blog (linked from your facebook page). It's lots of fun. It makes New York look adventurous. That is a great photo of your dad you posted! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.