Wednesday, April 8, 2009

praises we sing

So I was talking to my friend, Jason, the other day, while we were watching General Conference. We were talking about how much we love The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the hymns. Jason started to list off his top 5. When I thought about naming my top 5 I was completely stumped. I couldn't even dream of narrowing my list down to just 5. Impossible. I just love the hymns so much. Anyway, I thought about it some more and came up with my top 10. Then I also chose my 5 Runners Up. So technically, that is 15. Is that cheating? I don't care. I could list the Runners Up for the Runners Up list as well, but that might be going too far...I know, I'm a nerd.



Top 10 Favorite Hymns in the LdS Hymn Book:


I Believe In Christ (134)

Redeemer of Israel (6)

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty (72)

In Humility, Our Savior (172)

How Firm a Foundation (85)

I Am A Child of God (301)

Joseph Smith’s First Prayer (26)

Our Savior’s Love (113)

Lord, I Would Follow Thee (220)

Now Let Us Rejoice (3)


Runners Up

Love At Home (294)

We Thank Thee, O God for a Prophet (19)

All Creatures of Our God and King (62)

Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful (202)

The Spirit of God (2)

6 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

You've named off some great ones!

Jason Bond said...

I think I need to add some of these to my top 5 to round it out with a top 10. I forgot about some of these!

Carr Family said...

I'm with you, that is way too hard to only pick 5. You picked some great ones that would also be in my top 10. I think one of my top 10 would have to also include "Count Your Blessings". I love that song!

The Favorite said...

I love all those songs!
I also love that they sang a primary song on Sunday.
You aren't by any chance in Utah this week are you? ?

Laura said...

Good choices! I don't think I could choose just 5 either! I love the story of the little girl in the park! That made me smile and I can totally picture you having that cute conversation! Hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

I loved you top ten...I would have had trouble too. I love the hymns...I just love music, especially when my niece Malia sings it. Love you...hope to see you this summer!

Aunt Brenda