Thursday, April 2, 2009

separate, but not what i meant

So I was buying something for work and for myself the other day. I asked the cashier if I could make two, separate transactions. The cashier said yes.
He rang up the first pile, bagged it. I swiped my card. Then he quickly scanned in the second pile and gave me the new total. He placed the second pile in the bag as well. I reminded him that I had wanted separate transactions.

He said, "Oh," and pulled out the second pile of items, rebagged them, and placed them into the first bag. I didn't bother to clarify again.

3 comments:

Bev said...

Too funny, still laughing! This guy might have ridden the short bus to school....just saying :)

Anonymous said...

Good story Malia! That same thing happened to me once, tooooo annoying...


xoxoxo

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Brilliant!