Sunday, March 29, 2009

that's too bad your brain is so small


A story from my former life:
While walking through Times Square with my roommate (at the time) & her 1 and 3-year-old nieces, I started to sing various nursery songs with the oldest. As it was slightly sprinkling (as it always does when people come to visit you in New York) we started to sing the familiar "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring…" After the first verse, the 3-year-old looked up at me and said, "Do you know the other verses?" (Apparently there are more.) To which I replied, "You know what, I don't." Then she enlightened me, "That's too bad your brain is so small."

3 comments:

Susieq said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

Hey, have you seen my new blog yet?

Rachel said...

It really is too bad ;) Just kidding! I hope you have fun with Christian soon!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Kids say the darndest things. I love them.