Friday, July 31, 2009

can you become?


Dear Sally,

I don't even remember how or when I started, but all I know is that I did and I have loved it ever since.

Felicity, a four year drama series following the life of a shy, yet beautiful college student begins on the day of her high school graduation. Uninspired by her parents' mapped-out life plan for her, Felicity decides to follow her secret crush and moves across the country to follow him...someone she didn't even really know.

As the series unfolds, the typical college-age drama ensues and followers of Felicity come to love and sometimes hate all of the characters at one time or another.

I recently purchased all four seasons of Felicity while I was back in Utah. Just tonight I opened Season One and popped in the first dvd. And it all came rushing back to me...

I couldn't help but smile and feel that swell of emotions that come with following an overemotional drama-laden co-ed for a good four years. I smiled as I got my first glance of Ben Covington (Scott Speedman) and was reminded of his sweet moments, the way he kisses, and of just how much I like the rugged look and his sexy grin. I melted when we were first introduced to cute Noel (Scott Foley) and how he patiently deals with Felicity's never-ending, selfish freak-out moments. I was still torn just as I was before, as the love triangle unfolded and couldn't help but sympathize with the one who was left out. I was embarrassed by all of the awkward moments that Felicity's need for honestly always brought on. I was envious of the "Dear Sally" recordings and loved how each character began to weave himself into this elaborate pattern that we call the show.

But most of all, I remembered that Felicity (the show) housed the beginnings of my soul encompassing love and passion for New York City. It made the city look sexy, fun, and full of opportunity and beautiful adventures. Sigh....If only real life came with a script and two hunks vying for my attention...

Talk soon.

Love,

Malia

P.S. Did I mention the music? Check this out!

1 comment:

The Favorite said...

I loved Felicity. Melissa and I would always watch it.
Congrats on your new computer!