Thursday, November 29, 2007

get it together already

I don't know what my deal is, but I haven't posted in quite a while. I'm not really sure why. Things have happened. Noteworthy things. I have had thoughts. Some clever, some amusing, some worth sharing. But time passes, events come and go and I fall behind. So far behind, in fact, that I feel the need to recap those events before I can post about a new one. But the truth of the matter is I don't recap those events, which causes me to hold off on writing about the new ones, putting me even further behind.

Why am I posting now? Not sure. I'm not sure about a lot of things right now. About two months ago I had a plan. Now I have no plan. I have no idea what I want to do, where I want to be, etc. I'm extremely contemplative, but I can't make sense of my thoughts. I'm searching for answers, but coming up empty handed. I know this is just part of life, but come on! Get it together already!

7 comments:

Jen (momofmandm) said...

I haven't been good about posting or leaving any comments lately either. I have just been too lazy I guess. You have been keeping super busy it looks like. Are you coming home for Christmas? I need to come and see you.

Rachel said...

Good luck! I love ya!

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

You know, I think so many of us go through times of uncertainty, and at least I overthink things. I'm not saying not to think because that would be a silly solution to anything, but somehow, I sometimes find it helpful to just relax and let things work themselves out. Sometimes that's impossible, but other times, it helps.

The Favorite said...

I just hope you know how awesome I think you are. You are doing great things. Remember "cream always rises to the top!"

Jen said...

Malia-- I have been behind on reading your posts. Love them! Love the Jury Duty post. It made me laugh. Don't worry-- we all have days when we feel like we need to "get it together" (At least I know I do!)

Dottie Stay said...

I know I am feeling the same way about blogging. I think of things, and then when I go to post, I can't remember what it is I wanted to post. No worries about the future. No matter what stage of life you are in I think you are always trying to come up with a plan.

Livi said...

You're posts are the prettiest posts of all the posts