Monday, January 21, 2008

enchanted

I don't know what it is about this movie, but I just love it. Enchanted is definitely one of those movies that will end up in my rather extensive DVD collection. But more than being just a part of the collection, it will be revered. Perhaps it will reside with the "special collections". Not that I have a special collections, but maybe I should create one.

A few reasons I love this movie:

1. Patrick Dempsey--I know, I know. I feel like a sell out. Doesn't everyone love him? Otherwise known as McDreamy, Patrick has captured the hearts of many a lass. I don't watch G.Anatomy but can appreciate those stellar blue eyes just as well as anyone else.

2. James Marsden--Just as dreamy as Patrick but has a voice that can melt you. Granted his character was a little, well, brainless but that is just fine by me. His intentions were good. (This does not transfer to the real world.)

3. Amy Adams--she did a fabulous job playing a princess totally out of her element--brilliant, really. AND, this is the best part, she was in The Office and got to play Jim's girlfriend. (Jealous!)

4. The music--I loved the music. I still love the music. I even bought the soundtrack and am shamelessly listening to it right now.

5. Laughter till it hurts--I laughed my head off the first time I saw this movie and did the same even the second time. So clever.

Congratulations, Disney! You done good...

10 comments:

Ace said...

I enjoyed this movie too. I took the boys to go and see it and when Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey kissed, Monkey said, "Ew. They're kissing!" And then promptly leaned over, kissed me on the cheek and said, "Thanks for taking us to this movie, Mom." :)It just goes to show that even a 4 year old boy knows good films when he sees 'em.

Sarah said...

Glad you liked it! Do you think Juma would enjoy it, or would it be too old for him? It's the only "kid" movie out that he hasn't already seen. (He likes Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty along with all the "boy" movies.)

I like Amy Adams, too. I hadn't realized she played The Hot Purse Girl in the Office. That red hair threw me, I guess.

Aubri said...

The music for this movie received 3 nominations for best original song. That's a new record I think.

Rachel said...

I talked my family into seeing it on the day it came out- we all LOVED it (including Troy.) We've downloaded How Does She Know onto the ipod and we listen to it all the time. Even Brevyn sings it around the house. We will be purchasing it on DVD as well. It was so cute!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

I loved that show. Whats not to like about Patrick Dempsey and the cute girl and ofcourse Idina Menzel. She is amazing!! Maybe not in that movie but in WICKED lets just not even go there.

S&F Seminario said...

Malia,
So good to hear from you! You look like you're living the real life there in NYC. They say you haven't lived until you've lived there. Fun for you...I will read your blog and dream. We also loved this movie and I freely laugh aloud at movies...this was one of the best for that. I will check back here often!

Dottie Stay said...

I think it is a movie after my own heart however, I haven't seen it yet! I am dying to see it! I couldn't drag Deron to it! That little stinker!!

Maria said...

LOVED the movie! I need to see it again... I can't believe you're in NYC! Can I come stay with you?!

The Favorite said...

We saw it on Thanksgiving and loved it too! I really loved the music.

Livi said...

This movie really is so funny. When they all start singing in the park I want to pee my pants. Lets rent it when it comes out and watch together. :)