Friday, September 25, 2009

dear fall, please stay. love, malia


I don't know what it is about Fall, but for me, it is magic, romance and possibilities all rolled up into one. OK, maybe not romance at this point in my life, but Fall would be a perfect time for it and well, here's to hoping! I'm always hoping.

For the last few weeks, New York has enjoyed some "unusual" weather. In my opinion, it has been beautiful. To others, it has been the cause of much strife and my declarations of love have generated strange glances in my direction. They see Fall as the ending of a glorious, hot summer--the death of fun. I see it as sweet relief from a hot, humid, sweaty mess, and oh, the possibilities! Here's just a few of the things that I can't quite wait for:

cool breezes * sweaters & scarves * hot chocolate * sleeping with the window wide open * sleeping with covers again * leaves changing colors * outside not being as hot as the subway platform * pumpkin carving * apple picking * fabulous birthdays for fabulous people * fall clothing * fall colors * road trips, please * back to school * football & basketball with friends * not sweating my face off * taking walks * daylight savings (gotta love that extra hour) * crisp nights * fall foods....

Even now, trying to list all that I love about Fall doesn't do it justice. I can't quite put into words the excited, happy feeling I get when I picture this beautiful season. Oh pretty please, will you stay awhile? It would be a sweet reward after living here through yet another summer. I know, I know, it wasn't "that bad"....says you....

8 comments:

Jamee said...

Is this really how New York is looking right now? O! how it makes me miss the city of my heart!!

malia said...

no. not yet! but i'm hoping that it will happen! :)

oh and this city misses you! and me too... :)

Heather said...

Now I'm ready for fall! It has quite made its arrival her yet. I will need your email address to invite you to Wit's blog.

The Favorite said...

That is a beautiful list.

Bev said...

yay for fall!! It is one of my favorite seasons!!

MMMegan said...

I love fall too! Ever so much. And I miss NYC. Yes, I am in the mountains. But, it's just different.

Jen (momofmandm) said...

What a beautiful picture. I love the fall. It's my very favorite. Is there anything more beautiful than red and yellow trees? I want to see you next time you are here. I miss you!

Bek said...

this really is the best time of year in the city i love so much. i hope you're soaking it all up!