Friday, March 12, 2010

all happy lucky family food restaurant & gifts

This morning as I was walking to the train station I passed a Chinese fast food place, one of those tacky souvenier shops, and then another Chinese fast food place--all within 3 blocks.  The gift shop was named "Lucky Gift Hunting".  I don't quite remember what the names of the fast food joints were but other similar spots came to mind--Best Chinese Food, Happy Family Chinese Restaurant, All Happy Restaurant--just to name a few.  I started to think about how the owners actually came up with the names and then it hit me... 

Search engines! 

"I want to find a good luck gift." 
 SEARCH: luck, gift =  Lucky Gift Hunting

"I want to go to the best Chinese place in the city."
SEARCH:  best, Chinese = Best Chinese Food

"I'm in the mood for only moderately good Chinese."
SEARCH:  not very good, Chinese = OK Chinese Food

"My family is going through some hard times, what will make everyone happy?"
SEARCH:  happy, family = Happy Family Chinese Restaurant

"I want to meet new people, make some good friends."
SEARCH:  good, friend = Good Friend Restaurant

It all makes sense now...it wasn't just a bunch of happy words thrown together.  It was a carefully designed marketing scheme.  Who knew?

4 comments:

Brock said...

So, say you just want some OK Chinese food. BOOM, there you go. OK Chinese Food.

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Thats great!

Heather said...

LOL!!! Too funny!

The Favorite said...

Very fun!