Sunday, March 7, 2010

i love black underwears!

The other day I was walking around during lunch.  I saw a man with a walking stick at the corner.  He turned his head from side to side and said, "Can someone help me?"  Of course I walked up to him and asked him if I could help him cross the street.  He grabbed my arm and we started to cross.  

"Thank you so much," he said.

"No problem."

"What do you do?" he asked.

"I'm a social worker."

"Oh.  What color of coat are you wearing?"

Odd...."Purple."

"What color of panties?"

"Yeah, ok.  Here you go...."

Thankfully, we had safely arrived at the other corner just as he had asked the  question.  Feeling like I did my duty and that he was safely delivered, I was able to return to my errand-running in good conscience; and he was able to, I'm sure, continue on his merry way...perhaps harassing other do-gooders in similar fashion.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Seriously? I'd say "only in New York" but I've cursed myself in the past by saying such things. :-)

Laura said...

Oh wow! That brings new meaning to the phrase "dirty old man"!! What a fun adventure! :o)

Heather said...

As Chris would say, "No good deed goes unpunished." It is scary how many freaks are out there.