Tuesday, September 14, 2010

food, glorious food

Food has become my new passion.  It's been a long time in the making, but over the last year or so, I just can't get enough.  If I could, I would quit life as I know it and run away to culinary school.  I daydream of making it big, buying a home with an amazing kitchen, and spending all my days creating culinary masterpieces.  I envy those who can make their dreams of food creation a reality.  Unfortunately, I'm not in a position where I can do that.  My days are consumed with the normal routines of life.  However, it doesn't mean that I'm not going to try to fit in as much as I can.

A few weeks ago, I made a new goal to try at least two new recipes a week.  So far so good.  It's been fun to get creative in my kitchen--my very, very small kitchen.  Despite the limitations of a minuscule workspace, here are a few of  my most recent successes...
...and here's to many more!

Update:  I have included a few of the links to the recipes that I used.  Keep in mind that I hardly ever follow the recipe.  I always make modifications along the way.  For example, with the Tiramisu, I used Pero instead of coffee and omitted the wine.   For the banana cream pie, I mashed up bananas and put it into the pudding mix.  Should I make this again, I would strain the pudding mixture to preserve the integrity of the texture.  etc. etc.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Recipes...we want recipes! :-) Sounds delicious.

Christie Norris said...

Poached eggs? Really? As in, you've never made them before? If you liked them, I can send you my hubbie's wonderful Eggs Benedict recipe. It's a Christmas tradition in our house.

Sarah said...

Mmm. Can I hire you as my personal cook?

malia said...

Mary--I'll add links.

Christie--I'm just trying to perfect the poached egg. It's more difficult than I thought, but I would LOVE that recipe. Eggs Benedict is my favorite!!!

Sarah--SURE! :)

Bev said...

Oh my yummy goodness, that all sounds so amazing! You are so talented in the kitchen, one day i think you need a HUGE kitchen!