Tuesday, March 22, 2011

oh.......my........OH.......MY.....OH MY!!!!!

There are few times in my life where I can say that I have actually been stopped dead in my tracks, where my breath has caught in my chest and my brain function was impaired for a short moment.  The most recent occasion happened last Friday night (March 11, 2011--gotta remember this date, after all.).

Christian and I had just finished a phenomenal Peruvian dinner at Panca in the West Village.  We had stopped to buy mangoes, poked our heads into a cafe for a kitchen sink cookie at Amy's Bread and then decided to go back to that first market for some pomegranate seeds.  Arm in arm, we walked down the semi-crowded sidewalk.  A trio of men, walking in the opposite direction, approached us.  As they drew closer, my brain registered something incredibly familiar.  I knew that beautiful face, that chiseled jawline, and those piercing blue eyes behind black-framed glasses...

MATTHEW BOMER!!! 


 
















Now for those of you who know ANYTHING about me, you would know how much I love this man!  Matthew Bomer plays the sexy conman turned FBI consultant on USA's White Collar.  I fell in love with him the moment he showed up on the screen.  I loved him then.  I love him now.  And I'm pretty sure that I will love him always.  Every time I watch the show, see a commercial or even see an ad on a bus, it feels like he is flashing that come hither smile just for me.   That's some serious star power.

Now, I usually don't get star struck, but I will admit, I was a little with him.  OK, fine.  Maybe I was a little more than just a little star struck.  Maybe I got so excited I almost threw up.  Maybe I made Christian turn around so that we could follow him for a few blocks...OK, more than a few blocks.  :)  Common sense got the best of me, however, and I finally decided to stop the stalking the poor man.  My one regret is that I didn't have any sort of interaction with him.  He was out with friends.  I didn't want to be that annoying fan that never lets a star have a personal life.  So close but so far away!!!  But oh my!  In the words of my mother upon telling her the news, "That must have been thrilling for you."  Yes....yes, it was.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...that's awesome! how did he look in person?

emms _b said...

i feel like you have the best life.