Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 is mine!


I don't know about you, but I am thrilled to be starting a new year. While this 2008 was significantly better for me than the year previous, I feel like I made a lot of STU-PID mistakes and I'm just ready to start over. In November, I started to really reflect on my life and the areas that I wanted to change or focus on. The list became longer and longer as the weeks went by but my enthusiasm remained the same. I feel that in so many ways and in so many areas, I am the one that is holding me back. Sure I am subject to situations and the actions of others, but I am the one that reacts. I am the one who decides.

And so with a week of 2009 behind me, I am proud to report that I am still excited, still motivated, and still ready to see the change. My theme for the year (Sarah Swensen got me thinking about themes) is DISCIPLINE and I am bound and determined to see it through. Yay for goals! Yay for potential! Yay for moving on and letting go!

1 comment:

Livi said...

I am totally with you girlfriend. 2009 is going to be the best year ever, right?????????