Wednesday, April 11, 2007

puppies...




I love animals. I think that they are absolutely amazing. I love going to the zoo. I love watching the Disocvery Channel or any sort of documentary on animals. I think that they are facinating and absolutely testify of the greatness of God, their creator.

However, I don't want a pet. While I would love to take care of it and have it cuddle up to me when I'm just laying around, I don't want one. Why? Because I will grow to love them and eventually they will die. That's the reason, take it or leave it. So the fact that I actually initiated this conversation with Adam, a good friend of mine, surprised me.

Earlier in the day, Valerie, another friend had sent me an email saying, "vote for my friend's puppy" and it gave me a link to look at pictures of cute little puppies from all over the place. Indeed, her friend's puppy was cute...but so were the others. After scrolling through these pictures for 5 minutes, I texted Adam. Below you will find our conversation that keeps me laughing even now, several hours later.

Me: I want a puppy

Adam: Bad idea! Put some more thought into that.

Me: What about a kitty?

Adam: WORSE!

Me: :) Do you hate animals or something?

Me: Wait! I don't want a pet. I will come to love it and then it will die!

Adam: They do in NYC.

Adam: Just get a...Painting.

Me: Oh! Sad. A picture huh? That made me laugh out loud.

Adam: Of course they die. So do flowers and people. That's never the reason to not get them.

Me: But that would be sad.

Adam: Yes, for a while and then you get a new one.

Me: No! Totally not like that! Who are you?

Adam: Someone who buys a new pet

It's always good to have a friend who tells it like it is....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a dog too, but for me it isn't so much about the dog dying as it about having to actually take care of the dog. Why can't puppies just take care of themselves?