Friday, May 4, 2007

tampa tales 2007


lamest pick-up line: "You wanna be my mentor?"

stupidest thing I did in Tampa: Rode home in a car from Clearwater Beach to Tampa knowing the driver had had a cocktail and 2 to 3 beers at dinner.
most random experience: Over the past two years I have traveled to several conferences across the nation and have probably met someone from every state in the union (I just wanted to say that.) But it is a rare find to meet someone from Utah. It just never happens. This trip, however, was definitely an exception. Not only did I meet one person from UT, but I met about 8 others. And what's more is that probably 6 of them were from the Provo/Orem area. Now how random is that?

"what the..." moment: I haven't watched American Idol since Ruben battled it out with Clay several seasons ago. However with my own personal television in front of me, I thought I would check out what the rest of the world (OK, America) was watching. It was one of those "elimination" episodes so there wasn't much singing, which I was disappointed about, but I stuck it through still the same. It was down to the last 5 minutes and Ryan Seacrest had Chris and Blake on the stage. Like usual, he was keeping the audience in suspense and was dragging it out. Then just as he was about to let us know who was being sent home ALL of the TVs on the plane went blank. Almost everyone on the plane went "OH!" or "What the..." and I just had to laugh. I knew exactly what they were watching and why the outcry. Luckily, the TV was dark for less than 30 seconds and we were still able to see that it was Chris that went home. Then just as he was singing his farewell song, the captain, bless his heart, began his slew of final announcements. It seemed as if he was taking his sweet time; which under any other circumstance, I wouldn't have minded--but this was one of the only performances of the evening! Suddenly, I remembered why I didn't watch TV....oh, and I don't have cable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! that has happened to me a few times. they always make announcements right when they shouldn't. geez!