Thursday, September 18, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMES!!!



(We like to do a lot of posing when there are cameras just lying around.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROTHER!!!!


So my family has a lot of Fall birthdays. It makes things a little tighter in the wallet area during this time of year, but that's all right. We wouldn't have it any other way. Although, when Kathleen was born, my mom told him that Kathleen was going to be one of his presents. He thought about it for a minute and then told her that he would rather have a truck. Funny story for a funny brother.


I admire James for a lot of reasons. In many ways, he is the kind of person that I am striving to become. He has innate qualities that some people work their whole lives to achieve. James is the peacemaker of the family. He is tolerant and kind. He is always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and forgives just as easily as he breathes.



(James came to visit me in NYC...just him. It was such a fun trip. We had a helluva fun time running around the city together.)

He is also amazingly talented. Anything he attempts he is great at. He plays the uke, sings, is an amazing Poly dancer. He is an unbelievable artist. I am amazed at what he can do in every medium. And his creativity blows my mind.

James also has one of the biggest hearts I know. He is generous beyond words. He cares deeply for his family and his friends. Once you are in with him, you are in with him for life.


Anyway, James, happy birthday! I love you, brother! I am so glad that you are a part of my life!




(Sadly, James came during the writer's strike. We had tickets for David Letterman but the show was cancelled. Danged writer's strike!)

3 comments:

Mary said...

Malia--This is Mary Jarman, DJ's aunt. We're getting to know a lot of extended family through blogs, so do you mind if we add yours to our link? I think DJ is really getting to know Heather and Chris's family through the blog too. Here's ours. http://all6ofus.blogspot.com/

Johnson said...

You really have such a cute family! Happy Birthday to all! I was peeing my pants at your "Knock at the Door" problem. I am your twin. As soon as my doorbell rings I freak out..I automatically think someone is there to kill me......and I live in pretty much "Safeville"!! You are too funny!!

The Favorite said...

I agree with everything you said about James (and "Kaffine" too) You have such an awesome family!!