Tuesday, September 16, 2008

happy birthday, kathleen!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATHLEEN!!!!

No one in my family really reads my blog....well, my extended family does, but not my immediate. But I just wanted to post a little something about my little sister. It's amazing to me how much love can exist within a family unit. There are times when you absolutely hate each other, times when you are so annoyed that you need to run out of the room so that you can start to breath again, times when you disagree so vehemently with a decision that they are making that you nearly bite your tongue off in order to keep the peace, and times when you just need your own space. But when all is said and done, there is nothing more important than family.

Though six years younger than me, Kathleen is one of my best friends. There are maybe 2 or 3 people that know me as well as Kathleen does, only a handful of people that will ever really see all sides of me. There is something so liberating about unconditional love.

10 Things I like about Kat:

1. She is a beautiful, Polynesian dancer. She has got skills!
2. She makes me laugh harder than almost anyone I know. We can be totally silly together.
3. She feels things as deeply as I do. We both cry at the same things.
4. She is a good wife and takes that responsibility seriously.
5. She has a passion for family history.
6. She takes care of Mom. It is effortless for her and she loves it.
7. She does things even when they are hard for her.
8. She makes weird faces and sounds.
9. She looks great in hoop/dangly earrings.
10. She is one of the most supportive people I know.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kat! Hope the day is smashing! I love you forever and ever!


Our "whale of a watermelon salad". We made this as part of our cooking show "Fighting in the Kitchen".

Add Image
We thought we were so funny posing with a vase with Poly flowers.



Waiting for the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight" on opening night.

4 comments:

Livi said...

Yeah for Kathleen! She is the cutest!

Elizabeth said...

Oh Malia! Do you even know how much I miss you! I just love reading your blog. It completely shows your personality and I love it. You are so beautiful, the sandwhich man should have given it to you for free. Kathleen is lucky to have such a great sister like you. Hope Kathleen has a great birthday. You make me miss New York.

Christie Norris said...

I feel the urge to make chocolate Reese's peanut butter cookies in your mom's kitchen with you and Kathleen!

Bethany said...

Yay! You have a blog.

I'ma stalk you.

xo