Tuesday, December 23, 2008

bless that we don't say, "whatever"


My sister and brother-in-law teach the Sunbeams (the 4-year-olds) at church. Her husband was out of town so she asked me to come and help out. I forget how fun primary is. The kids are so wiggly and they say the funniest things. After a labored and much interrupted lesson on the birth of the Savior and the passing out of candy canes (which looks like a shepherd's staff in the picture), we asked one little boy to give the closing prayer:

(over in the corner) "Thankful that we can open the candy canes. (walked over to my sister who was holding the picture of the shepherds) Thankful that the candy canes look like this. (held up the candy cane to the staff in the picture). (walked back over to me) Bless that we don't say whatever. Bless that we can open these candy canes.
Bless that we be good."

Primary is the best!

1 comment:

The Favorite said...

I'm in the primary presidency here and I LOVE primary and could stay in it the rest of my days and be happy.