Wednesday, December 24, 2008

my kind of Christmas



My friend Janae did this on her blog. As I am also a lover of Christmas, I thought I would fill this out too. :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? Oh, how I love real. Unfortunately, my family hasn't had a real tree for years and years. I understand that though. It gets expensive. But my heart would still love a real one.

3. When do you put up the tree? It changes every year and honestly, I don't have any control over that right now. When I have my own family I will probably put it up after Thanksgiving.

4. Do you like eggnog? Nope. I never have.

5. Favorite gift received as a child? I have loved loved every single thing I have received.

6. Easiest person to buy for? My sister.

7. Do you have a nativity scene ? Yes. I love nativity scenes. Our family has always had them as my dad used to make them. I have one that my dad made for me and I also have one that he and I made together. Those are priceless to me now that he is gone.

8. Mail or email Christmas cards ? Mail, but I have been so bad about it this year. Time ran away with me.

9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh, I can't think of anything really.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Tough one! There are so many. I love Elf though.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? I would love to be done before December. It's never happened though. Occasionally, I will get started in November though.

12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Whoops? :)

13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I can't pick just one. But I like to go back between sweet and salty.

14. Lights on the tree? YEAH!

15. Favorite Christmas song ? Silent Night (MoTab rendition--makes me cry EVERY single time), Away in a Manger, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, O Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night, The First Noel, Joy to the World (did you know that it was originally written for Easter time?), etc. Basically, I love the ones in the hymn book.

16. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, right now I travel to go home. Probably when I have my own family I would like to be in my own home, but I guess that is up for discussion with my honey.

17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course.

18. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

19. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve...usually pajamas, but sometimes not. We're not so consistent with our traditions. And then the rest Christmas morning.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Shopping on a limited budget with limited time with too many people in terrible traffic.

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like having an eclectic tree. I have started a tradition over the last 6 years though, of buying everyone in my family a new ornament each year. Kind of fun.

22. Favorite for Christmas dinner ? Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, some sort of steamed veggies, rolls, etc. And each year, depending on my mood and what recipe I have found online, we'll make something different.

No comments: