Monday, December 29, 2008

that doesn't stop me


Another bit of primary goodness….

Last Sunday I was sitting by the cutest little red-headed sunbeam during singing time. She is probably one of the most obedient and knowledgeable 4-year-olds I have ever met. She knows her stuff. When asked what the angel said to the shepherds she busted out the exact scripture found in the New Testament. What?!

Anyway, the primary chorister decided to have the kids sing “Love One Another”. She prefaced it with something like this, “Now boys and girls, this is an important song because it reminds us that we should be kind to one another and that we should love everyone.”

This little girl looked up at me and in her sweet little voice said (while shaking her head), “That doesn’t stop me.”

I think I laughed out loud.

2 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

Sunbeams are the best! Did you know that I'm the Sunbeams teacher in my ward. I didn't know Kathleen was we could share great ideas and stories. You need to get her started on a blog by the way.

I love you story little kids say the greatest things. One of the reasons I was so willing to teach kindergarten.=) Unfortunately I have the hardest time remember what they said later on to share with others.

Hope you guys have a great New Years. I wish you would have traveled out here to spend it with us. That was fun that one year you did that right after James got home from his mission. All well. I still love ya!!

Maria said...

Kids are amazing! That's all I have to say.

Loved your post about Edward... I feel EXACTLY the same way :)